lpty: pty control for lua
What is it?
lpty is a module that allows a program written in lua to open the master side of a PTY and start a program with the slave side of the PTY as its controlling terminal. The PTY may then be read from and written to, thus controlling the remote program.
What's new in version 1.2.2 (2017-07-05)
- proper tostring method
- added va_end() in _lpty_error
- fixed 2 potential memory leaks where the result of realloc was ignored
- fixed memory leak in _lpty_execvpe
- added checks for first argument in lpty_[gs]etenviron
What's new in version 1.2.1 (2016-07-17)
- fixed a bug where lpty:readline() could have returned an error if the read from the pty just returned 0. Bug discovered and fix provided by Robert Kumpulainen firstname.lastname@example.org
- small change to timeout handling
What's new in version 1.2 (2015-09-08)
- verified lua 5.3 compatibility
- added pty:setflag() method
- make the newly created pty the controlling terminal for the created session, contributed by Ard van Breemen email@example.com
- added separate_stderr option for pty creation, together with the readerr() and geterrfd() methods.
- small fix to luarocks file
There is also a mercurial repository at https://hg.tset.de/public/lpty which is read-only, but also gets changes I make between the releases.
The lpty module and all accompanying documentation and additional source code is released under the MIT/X11 license.
Copyright (c) 2010-2017 Gunnar Zötl
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If you have anything to say about this, comments, bug reports, whatever, feel free to email them to